Teach on your terms
Is Outschool right for you?
Outschool is an online learning platform where educators can host classes for kids and teens ages 3–18. Whether you’re passionate about teaching academics, hobbies, social groups, or super special interests — Outschool allows you to turn that passion into a sustainable teaching business. Once your application is accepted, you’ll operate as an independent contractor on the platform and be able to create unlimited classes on almost any topic.
Anyone with a passion for education and proven expertise in their chosen field(s) can apply to teach on Outschool. During the application & approval process, you can expect to:
- Share your experience, qualifications, and a short recording of you teaching a sample class.
- Undergo a background check and identity verification.
- Review modules on the Outschool platform about protecting learner privacy.
As an independent contractor on Outschool, you get to set your own prices and earn flexible income that meets your needs. Class fees are charged per learner, and you decide the size, length, and frequency of your classes.
Outschool will transfer payments for your classes to you via PayPal, and your Educator Dashboard will help you track your earnings over time and make smart decisions for
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Outschool?
- Outschool is an education platform that offers online classes for kids ages 3-18. All classes are taught by motivated, independent teachers who choose their teaching topics and schedules.
- We provide listings for your classes, access to a global community of learners, payment support, and more, so that you can focus on teaching.
Is teaching on Outschool right for me?
- Are you excited about the idea of choosing what you’ll teach and structuring your lessons?
- Are you interested in building out a teaching business that will reach 1M learners worldwide?
- Then yes, Outschool is right for you!
How do I become an educator on Outschool?
- Familiarize yourself with Outschool by watching a few short videos within the application.
- Complete your teaching application to tell us about your background, teaching experience, and classes you’re planning on teaching.
- Upon approval of your application, complete our identity verification and background check processes.
- Read through our steps to becoming an educator on Outschool.
What can I earn? Does it cost money to teach on Outschool?
- At Outschool, you can set your own prices for your classes. There’s a large range of what educators earn on Outschool, and your earning potential is determined by how many enrollments you receive from learners.
- Outschool takes a 30% service fee on enrollments, but there is no fee to teach on the platform.
How do I choose what to teach?
- Educators on Outschool create unique classes that align with their experience and expertise.
- If you have demonstrable expertise in a given subject area or skill, share that knowledge with learners!
How does Outschool support educators?
- Access to a global community of learners.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities to further your teaching skills.
- The ability to focus on teaching and building your business; we handle payments and logistics.
- 24/7 help via chat and email from our Support Team.
How does Outschool pay educators?
- We use PayPal to send educator payments. Link an existing account or create a new one when you sign up to teach.
- Outschool covers all associated seller fees.
What type of technology do I need to teach?
- All you need is a working internet connection (3 Mbps or faster) and a computer that can run Zoom video conferencing.
What times should I schedule classes?
- Outschool educators set their own schedules.
- There are no minimum or maximum hours required to teach.
- Outschool families are located across the globe, with varying needs for class timing. You can view up to-date-guidance on parent time preferences here.