Inspire a Love of Learning
Teach interest-based classes that empower kids to explore their passions.
How it Works:
- Outschool is a global marketplace for unique, small-group classes. Learners from over 175 countries access classes created by innovative and passion-driven teachers.
- Teachers on Outschool are empowered entrepreneurs who create their own classes to build their online teaching businesses.
- Share your experience, qualifications, and a short recording of a sample class in your application.
- Upon approval of your application, we will prompt you to undergo a background check and identity verification to become an educator on Outschool.
- Complete the two required training modules and you are on your way!
- Teachers on Outschool determine their own income through pricing and class sizes.
- 7-13 days after a class has begun, your payment for that class will be received. All payments for classes are sent via PayPal.
- You can keep track of your earnings through the Insights page on your Teacher Dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Outschool?
- Outschool is an education platform that offers online classes for kids ages 3-18. All classes are taught by motivated, independent teachers who choose their teaching topics and schedules.
- We provide listings for your classes, access to a global community of learners, payment support, and more, so that you can focus on teaching.
Is teaching on Outschool right for me?
- Are you excited about the idea of choosing what you’ll teach and structuring your lessons?
- Are you interested in building out a teaching business that will reach 1M learners worldwide?
- Then yes, Outschool is right for you!
How do I become an educator on Outschool?
- Familiarize yourself with Outschool by watching a few short videos within the application.
- Complete your teaching application to tell us about your background, teaching experience, and classes you’re planning on teaching.
- Upon approval of your application, complete our identity verification and background check processes.
- Read through our steps to becoming an educator on Outschool.
What can I earn? Does it cost money to teach on Outschool?
- At Outschool, you can set your own prices for your classes. There’s a large range of what educators earn on Outschool, and your earning potential is determined by how many enrollments you receive from learners.
- Outschool takes a 30% service fee on enrollments, but there is no fee to teach on the platform.
How do I choose what to teach?
- Educators on Outschool create unique classes that align with their experience and expertise.
- If you have demonstrable expertise in a given subject area or skill, share that knowledge with learners!
How does Outschool support educators?
- Access to a global community of learners.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities to further your teaching skills.
- The ability to focus on teaching and building your business; we handle payments and logistics.
- 24/7 help via chat and email from our Support Team.
How does Outschool pay educators?
- We use PayPal to send educator payments. Link an existing account or create a new one when you sign up to teach.
- Outschool covers all associated seller fees.
What type of technology do I need to teach?
- All you need is a working internet connection (3 Mbps or faster) and a computer that can run Zoom video conferencing.
What times should I schedule classes?
- Outschool educators set their own schedules.
- There are no minimum or maximum hours required to teach.
- Outschool families are located across the globe, with varying needs for class timing. You can view up to-date-guidance on parent time preferences here.
Why teach with Outschool?
Teach motivated learners
Work with kids who have chosen to be in your class.
Create your own schedule
Design a curriculum you love and teach the way you want.
Earn money flexibly
Teach online from wherever and on your own schedule.
Spend your time doing what you love – teaching.